summerhouse n : a small roofed building affording shade and rest [syn: gazebo]
- A house owned not as a primary residence and used during warm weather months of the year.
- A house designed to be cool and used as a residence only during warm weather.
Summerhouse can mean the following:
- Summerhouse a small roofed building of varying forms in gardens or parks designed to provide cool shady places of relaxation or retreats from summer heat.
- Summerhouse in County Durham.
- Summerhouse a BBC Television children's programme broadcast in 1960 and 1961.
- Summerhouse Records a record label
- The Summerhouse a song by The Divine Comedy.
summerhouse in German: Lusthaus
summerhouse in Swedish: Lusthus